This 8-hour guided Tibetan encounter tour is a unique opportunity to spend a day in a local Tibetan communities inside Pokhara Valley with a genuine Tibetan guide. Learn about their rich Tibetan culture such as Buddhism, medicine, arts and crafts, history, and their struggles as refugee in Nepal ... More info ›
This 8-hour guided Tibetan encounter tour is a unique opportunity to spend a day in a local Tibetan communities inside Pokhara Valley with a genuine Tibetan guide. Learn about their rich Tibetan culture such as Buddhism, medicine, arts and crafts, history, and their struggles as refugee in Nepal. Tibetan food and drink provided.
Departure time : We provide pick up and drop services to and from your hotel. Our pick up time from your hotel depends upon the seasons, therefore we couldn’t tell you in advance until we receive your booking on certain date. But we always leave well before dawn. We will let you know about our pick up time one day before our tour.
Return: 2:00 p.m.
We provide pick up and drop services to and from your hotel.
Our tours are not private. Usually we get 2 to 3 people in a group, such as couples, friends and family members. But we also accept other guests, if they are also interested to join with our group.
Saturday is our weekend in Nepal, therefore our Tibetan schools, kindergarten and carpet workshop are closed but our carpet showroom will be open. On Sunday, our Tibetan health clinic is closed due to their weekend therefore we can’t meet our Tibetan doctor.
- Rise before dawn to drive on top of Sarangkot, the mountain on the south side of Pokhara. If we are lucky, we could able to see the sun rise over the gorgeous snow-capped Annapurna Himalayas. But we can’t promise and guarantee you about the good sunrise and mountain view. Therefore we don’t encourage any of our guests to do the Sunrise tour except if you take your own risk about the weather condition.
- Enjoy Tibetan breakfast in a local family, where you will get a taste of Tibetan foods like, tsampa (Roasted barley flour), butter tea and Tibetan bread.
- Meet a Buddhist monk and learn about their monastic life and their daily studies and activities in the monastery.
- Discover the arts and crafts of the Tibetan Plateau – and learn how Tibetan people introduced and make Tibetan carpets in the settlements.
- Learn about the symbols and images that are so important in their daily life.
- Meet a Tibetan doctor and learn basic knowledge about Tibetan medicine and its treatment. Have a first hand experience of a medical check up from a Tibetan doctor.
- Visit settlement photo gallery and learn how Tibetan settlements were established in the early 60’s.
- Learn about Tibetan schools, kindergarten and our educational system in the Tibetan settlements. But we are sorry to say that outsiders are not allowed to visit inside the school and kindergarten.
- Visit a small noodle workshop and see how Tibetans make their favorite noodles.
- Enjoy simple Tibetan momos & thenthuk in a local Tibetan restaurants inside the settlement in the afternoon.